Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fun with zucchini

So I think all of this recipe sharing is just great! On Sunday I finally had the time to figure out what to do with one of the enormous zucchinis my friend gave me from her garden. Brad and I pretty much spent the entire afternoon cooking with zucchini. We made zucchini cookies, zucchini bread, a kind of zucchini stir fry, and then froze more shredded zucchini for fun with zucchini on another day. I still have to try the zucchini chocolate cake and zucchini pancakes my mom sent me recipes for.

Anyhow, though all three zucchini recipes that I tried are fabulous, I wanted particularly to pass on the creation we made in the frying pan. My mom said that she used to just saute zucchini and onions with a bit of butter or oil, and then add tomatoes and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese. So we experimented with proportions and added some fresh pressed garlic too with a dash of salt and it was amazing! Really quick too. Next time you have zucchini, try it. I guarantee you'll like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.